Monday 6 March 2017

#beboldforchange

On Friday night we attended the Inspiring Women in Huron Awards dinner. I had been nominated by my friend Selena and I asked some of my Huron County friends to join us. I truly cannot express how lucky I am to have relationships with so many strong women. This makes me think of how thankful I am. Thankful for Theo, my kids and my family - they are what keep me going. My friends - whom I can call upon for just about anything at anytime - listen and share and most importantly; they ground me. They help me to understand that I am not alone, not the only one with a challenging road. I am thankful for my physio team - Bill, Mark, Julie, Tammy, Melissa, Kristen and Barry - they have made my body recover in ways that seemed so out of reach not that long ago. I am thankful to Elaine - for everything but the shingles on the roof. I thank my lawyer and his staff - for keeping West Wawanosh Mutual honest. I am reminded of and thankful for the community support (from Blyth and beyond) with every passing bumper sticker and hello. 

I am thankful for the women who planned this event - honouring the female change makers in Huron. From arts and the environment to volunteering and sports - these women are the role models for our future generations. I was so happy to have Ella there with us, so she could see all the good things happening on our doorstep. She frequently asks why there is never anything "good" on the news - well there it was, all of the good things on stage for all to see. We also were treated to the spoken word magic of Holly Painter. What a powerful way to send a message. I was awarded the Be Bold for Change award. It was an honour. I hope to continue to create change in my community and beyond, but the only way I can do that is if everyone who is truly inspired (definition of inspire: to spur on) makes that change along with me. Honour your body, speak out about accessibility and share the road. 





No comments:

Post a Comment